HCIA participates in the project entitled “Corporate Social Entrepreneurship Study Program” with the acronym “EMBRACE” since January 2021. The project is part of the Erasmus + Program of the European Commission, Priority Axis 2 “Cooperation for Innovation and Innovation Good Practices” and has a total duration of 36 months.
The main purpose of EMBRACE is to promote Corporate Social Entrepreneurship in the educational programs of HEIs / TEI and to improve the skills of students, their employability and their attitude, contributing to the creation of new business opportunities for social change within companies as well as promoting business-to-business cooperation.
The specific objectives of this project are:
- The creation in the framework of the initiative for social enterprises, a favorable climate for the actors of the social economy in order to realize the need to implement corporate social entrepreneurship actions and the development of a socially aware business society.
- The joint design, creation, development and implementation of an innovative, interdisciplinary European curriculum for corporate social entrepreneurship (ECSEC) that will be integrated into the curricula of HEIs / TEI in all disciplines.
- The creation of a sustainable environment that facilitates the exchange, flow and coexistence of knowledge between universities / TEI and companies.
Achieving these goals creates an interdisciplinary learning and application scheme across all HEIs / TEIs that can be transferred to industrial and business communities – EMBRACEedulab. Therefore, the end result of the EMBRACE program is the multi-scientific EMBRACEedulab – a set of proven training programs, methodologies and methods of stakeholder cooperation to facilitate the integration of business entrepreneurship in the regions.
The corporate structure of EMBRACE consists of the following 10 organizations:
- WATERFORD INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (Coordinating Partner / Ireland)
- GEDIMINAS TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY OF VILNI (Lithuania)
- DRAMBLYS (Spain)
- UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY AND ECONOMICS BUDAPEST (Hungary)
- NATIONAL SCHOOL OF POLITICAL SCIENCES AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (Romania)
- DOMHAN VISION (Germany)
- ASSOCIATION OF READY MADE GARMENTS MANUFACTURERS (Greece)
- DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY SKILLS LIMITED (Ireland)
- UNIVERSITY OF PORTO (Portugal)
- HANZE UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES (Netherlands)